Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Um, What Rock Have I Been Living Under?

I've been meaning to share this with some of you for quite awhile. Those particular people should probably confirm that they are seated at this moment. (I'm talkin' to you CG, RC and PC.)

Okay, last week David was talking to us about wine and chocolate pairings. He explained how higher tannins (i.e. Cabernet Sauvignon) don't necessarily pair well with chocolate as typically done in wine bars and restaurants. He prefers to pair it with a tawny port. (Say it with me now, "Ewwwwww.") His exception to the highly tannic wine paired with cocoa goodness comes in the form of - are you all seated? - Mo's Bacon Bar.

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars

Yes. Chocolate with BACON INSIDE OF IT.

I KNOW.

I decided to locate this creation at once. Thankfully, my local Whole Foods ("Aaaaaaaaaa!" sing the angels) did not disappoint.

Sweet and salty. YUM. Hell, who needs wine at this point? ;)

All you naysayers, hush now. Have you not had Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles? (If not, get your shoes and your car keys: http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/.)

This has been a Public Service Announcement. I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

P.S. If you want my opinion, the best wines to pair with chocolate are Pinot Noir and Syrah. Dana and I had the distinct pleasure of experiencing such this past Sunday. Details to follow.

1 comment:

Therese said...

Hey there! I love that you are living in wine country! You are living my dream right now! What a great thing - I swear I WILL retire in Northern CA! I don't know what else to say right now except that I am going to vicariously through your blog!!
Love ya
Therese